Welcome Back!

Thank you for your patience as we work through some necessary planning in preparation for resuming structured learning opportunities for your child. I understand there has been a lot of uncertainty about what learning is going to look like moving forward. I can assure you that we are going to work on key learning outcomes at-home within the parameters established by the province and CBE.

To help me understand your family’s access to technology, can you please provide responses to the following three questions:
§  Does your child have access to a computer, laptop, iPad/tablet, smart phone?
§  Does your child have access to the Internet?
§  Is your only option a paper-based education for your child?

While the lessons I will be providing are aimed to minimize technology, there will still be times where we will need to rely on technology as a resource. It is important that your child knows their CBE ID#, email and password. The CBE ID# can be found on their digital report card through PowerSchool. When you check in and reply to this email, I will send you your child’s email and password.
                                                                                                                                             
Starting Friday April 3, you will receive from me a weekly learning plan for the upcoming week. Each week’s plan will highlight what we are working on, various resources and an explanation of your child’s activities or tasks.

I will have a Grade 1 learning plan, for this week communicated to families via email and blog by the end of the morning on Tuesday March 31. In the meantime, read a story together and share your favourite part.

I will primarily be communicating with you and your child via email with all learning plans also posted to the blog. As time moves on I also intend to use Google classroom and if necessary, will replicate lessons into a paper format. 

Students and/or parents can reach out to me for help or for clarification via e-mail at erschaming@cbe.ab.ca. If you have questions during the weekday, I expect to be able to answer most questions that same day. If specific support is needed I can also be available to call you at a time that is convenient for you.

I recognize this is new for most of us and we will get through this together. I am here for your child and look forward to being in regular contact with you and your child.

Sincerely,

Emily Schaming

Comments